Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: About ******* (censored)

Casette opened this issue on Feb 24, 2006 ยท 25 posts

lmckenzie posted Sat, 25 February 2006 at 5:32 AM

Everything's a compromise. Using a model with built in genitals like Have's Eroko is the best option in some ways but she has no realistic texture support. Gotta love morph names like "PorkSword-Size" though :-) Traveler's original standalone prop for V2 has good functionality and some great textures but texture matching is a difficult task unless you're skilled at doing it in postwork. I experimented with using a trans map to blend or mask most of the mons area with some success and of course, a good pubic prop helps mask the texture transition as well. It greatly depends on the level of detail you need as well. Miki appears to have fairly good detail from an image someone posted the other day but I don't know about morphs. I don't think there's anything yet for Poser that provides "medical illustration" grade realism or anything approaching it. As richardson suggests, it could be done but you'ld have to do a complete model from scratch. Even then, maybe you could use an existing mapping scheme like V2's so some nice textures would be available and then map just the essential parts to a new genital map. Of course, Daz could simply create a 'High Resolution Hip' variant of Vicki and modelers could have a field day fixing her up with an array of plumbing but I won't hold my breath on that one.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken