Forum: Carrara

Subject: Gonna be on TV! Tips, please.

JasenJ1 opened this issue on Feb 24, 2006 ยท 9 posts

sfdex posted Sat, 25 February 2006 at 10:54 AM

I'm sure your media guy can manage with most anything, but I'd reinforce the suggestion that an NTSC-Safe filter be run on anything that comes out of Carrara -- it's not just a little detail, but something that will cause some broadcast and cable stations to reject your spot. If the video levels go outside of NTSC-safe perameters, many (not all) stations won't run it because it will cause problems somewhere along the transmission chain. As for the grammar -- wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything; I don't jump on typos or grammar errors in forum postings. But when I produce something for broadcast at work, we have a policy that absolutely every graphic that goes on air MUST be checked over by a qualified proof-reader for grammar, style, punctuation and spelling errors. Though the verses you link to do say "for thou, oh Lord" it is, as Falconperigot points out, out of context. In each case, there's a verb attached to "Lord" -- such as "art" or "wilst" -- making "Lord" the object of the sentence, and thus needing the "thee" form of the second person pronoun. If this error isn't something that bothers you or your church, no problem at all -- I just pointed it out in the spirit of helping. Apologies if I offended or in any way derailed the thread. - Dex