Forum: Fractals

Subject: Well, It's Finally Happened.

Kid_Fisto opened this issue on Feb 19, 2006 ยท 61 posts

Deagol posted Sat, 25 February 2006 at 11:50 AM

I'll go ahead and jump back into the non-constructive part of this thread.

I have heard a couple of you say that people have left because they were offended by harassment. Those are really strong words. Can you be more specific? I do remember specific incidents with A person, but that was quite a while ago and that person has behaving quite well lately. Is that what you are referring to?

You are making it sound like hundreds of people have left. About how many can you really count? Where did they go?

What are you calling harassment? Maybe I was one of the abusers. Do you consider what I said above about flames not needing special treatment to be harassment?

Seriously think about what you are implying. Harassment is a violation of the TOS. I don't think that folks like Nick and Barb would tolerate it. Are you saying that Nick and Barb have done a bad job of controlling it?

I'm guessing that most of these people moved over to DA. Good for them. That place is almost 100% flames, which is too many, but it really is a great site, but maybe too big. As far as being treated better there, I don't buy it. I was just told that I am a premier UF artist here (thanks) but on DA I don't get a lot of comments on anything that I put up, aside from the one daily double that got a lot of attention. That's because I haven't been too sociable there. If I wanted to I could step the number of comments that I offer and do a bunch of thank yous and your welcomes and talk about the kids and the weather, and then the number of comments that I receive would go up. So I don't get a lot of recognition there. Should I complain and ask for special treatment? I don't think so. For a different perspective, I just put a photograph of a deep space object in my gallery. The equipment and technical skill that it took to come up with that image is big, but I got what, 3-4 comments? Should I cry discrimination against astrophotography? No. People just aren't interested and that's OK.

Message edited on: 02/25/2006 11:58