Forum: Fractals

Subject: Well, It's Finally Happened.

Kid_Fisto opened this issue on Feb 19, 2006 ยท 61 posts

Rykk posted Sat, 25 February 2006 at 1:01 PM

Wow - this got to be a long thread. Reckon I'll weigh in, too.(aaargh! - wrong choice of words considering the "fractal flab" I've accumulated - lol)

I don't think splitting the gallery is a good idea at all. We fractallists are very few in number compared to the site at-large (aaarrrgh! Another "weight" connotation! lol) as it is and further reduction of our ranks, at least in a concentrated place, would only serve to make us all even more "red haired step-children" of the digi-art world.

The fewer flames may be somewhat due to a few people going over to DVA but I know of at least two Apo artists that are now focused on "graduating" to UF and XD. Carol and Arend were responsible for a good 7 or more of the available H20 spots when they were doing only flames. Any reduction in the number of flames is likely not really due to Apo folks leaving, it's due to the usual holders of the H20 slots switching to different programs. They are still there just as much, just not with flames. Please, I'm NOT making any statement pro/con the H20 - just backing up my assertion with a piece of quantifiable data is all. So this thread is maybe "much ado about nothing"?

I read up the list and see that Yesitis has complimented my art - thanks! I do wonder how/why removing me from your faves list is considered "cleaning house"? Sorry - it's true that my images haven't been up to snuff, lately.........and that I haven't left comments at many of your images, lately.........but I'm sure THAT had NOTHING to do with being swept off your list with the rest of the "garbage", right?........

Lunch is over - gotta git! Rick

Message edited on: 02/25/2006 13:01