Forum: Photography

Subject: DITI Time

LostPatrol opened this issue on Feb 27, 2006 ยท 55 posts

Onslow posted Tue, 28 February 2006 at 3:27 AM

These are all fabulous interpretations from one image. Fascinating and inspiring. I do have a suggestion: How do people feel about giving a brief description of how they arrived at their final image. This would then help others, and turn this into a learning experience which would be useful on many levels for personal development in photography. Just to see how others have varied and used the light is useful in itself, but to have an insight into how this has been achieved will help in bringing out those qualities in other images. I am not suggesting a lengthy tutorial on each, just a brief description, then if someone wants to know more they can ask and maybe develop it in another thread. Without this it seems in some places to be a mixed medium gallery, with it I believe it would be a real asset to photography where people could use the skills learnt to develop their own photographic images. [I am happy to explain what I did though I won't add it to this posting to avoid raising a second subject in the same post.]

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html