Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: 3D Immersive communities using Adobe and Curious Labs tools

kupa opened this issue on Mar 27, 2001 ยท 23 posts

Syyd posted Wed, 28 March 2001 at 8:33 AM

It is fascinating....I spent sleep hours last night, inside some of the worlds, CuriousLabs included. Tried to start building one and fell apart completely :-). I had trouble keeping items in the browser view, when I would move, they would disappear, and then when I restarted a new file, the browser window would show nothing, so I used other views. My idea is to create some bizarre online gallery, complete with sound fx, everything...One of the things that was interesting to me, was the portals to different worlds within a world. The first time I actually ran into an Avatar was at CuriousLabs world and when they started talking to me in the box, I had not a clue what to do. What I need to do is read help, and search around for how worlds are designed. I am assuming in my naivete, that what I would do (I actually lay in bed last night, thinking about all of this, and trying to figure it out) is approach the view as camera, and as I build it, build it as though I were walking through it with the camera. With everything else on the creative plate right now, I dont have time, I got the bite to do it, and cant stop thinking about it. Wave of the future, creating Avatars. There are some really fascinating ones, I saw this twisted eye sculpture that I felt was the best. Off to explore!