Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poesr posts getting old here...

chachi opened this issue on Mar 12, 2006 ยท 26 posts

nomuse posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 12:08 PM

How the heck did this turn into the "artistic nude" debate again? I thought the OP was about seeing too many of the same image -- doesn't matter if it's nude females or purple tribbles. We all have to learn to crawl before we can walk, and walk before we can run, but it seems so many people who could run never try. Not saying what they do is "bad" or some other art is "good," just trying to say that maybe some people get trapped into pandering to what the crowd lauds, and not exploring their inner vision as deeply as they might. I have been pleasantly surprised (and not a little envious) on all my recent forays into the galleries. I still, however, see a cotton-candy approach to praise (lots of sugary words with no substance) and many of what I would have to call "first semester" mistakes; not debatable artistic choices, but trees sticking out of heads, feet floating above the floor, arms sticking through bodies etc. It appears as though we may have created an environment where it is easy to plateau; too early praised too much, which for some becomes a difficult trap to escape.