Forum: The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Subject: Stingray

thefixer opened this issue on Mar 09, 2006 ยท 18 posts

Acadia posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 5:01 PM

LOL, yeah, it hasn't been all that long really, and things have certainly changed.

I didn't have a TV with a remote until about 12 years ago when I bought my first colour television (a used one). Prior to that I had an old 21" black and white Zenith television that was probably from the 1960's. I think it was supposed to be portable because it had one of those luggage type handles on the top of it for you to carry it....but the thing weight about 100 pounds, LOL

Do you remember the old "Compact Vacuums" that were made out of cast iron and shaped like a bullet? LOL I used to ride around the house on one of those when I was a kid. Oh, and when I was a kid we lived at the edge of the City and didn't have running water. We literally had to take a wagon or toboggan 1 mile to the end of the street to a pumping station and pump pails of water to take back home. We had to heat water up for bathing which was done in a round circular metal tub (I still have the scar on my leg from when I cut it on a sharp spot). We all used the same tub of water to bath in and it was done from cleanest to dirtiest. And we had to use an outhouse all year long. People wonder why I hate camping, LOL I pretty much "camped" for the first 8 years of my life, and I can't say that I enjoyed it and while I have access to all amenities, I see no reason to do without them, so I refuse to camp in anything but a 5 star hotel these days, hehe.

Message edited on: 03/15/2006 17:05

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi