Forum: Carrara

Subject: Eovia announces Hexagon 2!!!!

Ringo opened this issue on Mar 16, 2006 ยท 37 posts

LCBoliou posted Fri, 17 March 2006 at 2:06 PM

I was dithering on buying Hexagon, but no longer! I had been looking at ZBrush but couldn't get over the $500 entrance fee -- MODO was out of the question.

I think Eovia is really out to shake up the 3D software world? H2 looks like it will give me what I need, and what ZBrush would do -- except I don't think ZBrush can provide the structured modeling that H2 offers. But then I doubt H2 has the full "organic" capability of ZBrush it has enough for my use though.

BTW, I ran into this site last night: http://www.spiralgraphics.biz. They have a very cool seamless wood texture generator (Wood Workshop) for free, and 2 other fully implemented (tile, wood, metal, fabric...etc) texture generators. I purchased their Genetica 2.5 for $129 -- it is very cool! They also have a Genetica Pro that does V-clouds with self-shadows, normal bump maps and more for $399. I am certainly not endorsing this software, and I have NO economic interest in this company. I'm just passing on information to fellow 3D artists. The fully functional freebee is certainly worth it (free).