Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Need benchmarks comparing P4 to P6, CPU, etc.

tedbragg opened this issue on Mar 17, 2006 ยท 14 posts

operaguy posted Fri, 17 March 2006 at 7:55 PM

Sorry (or happy) to report, I have a very satisfactory viewport and workspace experience with Poser6. Now, I do not use unimess. Will not touch it. But I do use James Hi-Res with strand hair and Miki with strand hair and then thrown in a simple set. Sometimes they even have clothes on! With the strand hair, I have "show in window" unchecked, so that reduces overhead, granted. When I move the camera, instant response. When I slide the animation scrubber WITH TEXTURE SHADING and "full", very very very snappy. When I change body parts, yes, I wish that were faster for the dials to change to the chosen model/group, but it's not "many seconds", it's 1-3 seconds. What can I say? It's great! I just did a trial of Carrara, and while moving objects around and cameras and lights was snappy over there, sliding the animation scrubber was NOT. AMD 3500+ 4 GiG RAM Twin Raptors in RAID 0 array NVidia GeForce 5600, 256 MB on board Swap file always defragged and on different drive than OS. Windows XP Pro, all patches :::: Opera :::::