Forum: Photography

Subject: Ever post a Gallery Image then have second thoughts?

TomDart opened this issue on Mar 23, 2006 ยท 17 posts

TomDart posted Fri, 24 March 2006 at 6:18 PM

Wow, what honest and "to the heart" responses. I am thrilled and enlightened. Belatofi, your remarks are inspiring and encouraging, I am sure to all. Margana, you said, "...There have been a few occasions where I've been asked why that image I uploaded isn't in my gallery,and it's usually because I thought it wasn't good enough..." I got caught in that and perhaps still am, the twist between what the heart speaks and the "technical quality" of the shot. Sure, I want the technical part to be the best I can do but sometimes where the image outweighs my efforts...efforts frankly which are sometimes seen as inadequate in technical ways by me, after posting! There is a good and positive pressure to produce well-done photography. This is the spur keeping me going. And, there is the artistry..both work together in the best of images we see. Both work together so well we do not separate the technical from the artistry as all blends into one wonderful shot. I have posted at least one like this(my opinion) and keep trying to find that combination of art not degraded by lack of technical ability...or good technique wasted on mundane and uninterestng subjects. We still have our "home" albums...that is life and memories we will keep here as long as we are and hope to pass down. Even out "family" albums and shots are better now due to seeing what is really good done by the very skilled in both artistry and technique. Alas...I have prints everywhere and not enough frames! ; )