Forum: Fractals

Subject: A plea...

MakinMagic opened this issue on Mar 17, 2006 ยท 55 posts

Timbuk2 posted Sat, 25 March 2006 at 1:04 AM

I've been having problems with color management over the last few weeks and I have found some useful tools. (Haven't got what I consider to be the final solution yet but I think I'll be there soon.) Firstly, Microsoft has recently issued a color management utility that can be downloaded for free. It is "not supported" yet but I can testify that it doesn't crash my system. With it you can assign various color profiles to your input and output devices, i.e. scanners, monitors and printers. Secondly, a program called WiziWYG XP for windows XP users (they also have one for Mac) allows you to create color profiles for your monitor, even if you don't have a color measuring device. It is also a free download, from a company called Praxis. They, of course, want you to upgrade to their "pro" version. There may be other freebies out there too. My problem is that the profiles I have created don't produce the results they should when I apply them; the colors seem all right but the screen goes very dark. Perhaps someone can shine a little more light on this.