Forum: Photography

Subject: **Last Week in the Galleries**

DJB opened this issue on Mar 27, 2006 ยท 47 posts

danob posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 8:12 AM

Well I just add my tuppence worth and again Joe I appreciate your points as Doug has said.. A lot of work is done here on members behalf and we have a forum to air views.. This week in the Gallery has always been for me one of the best features we have had sonce Misha started it, and Doug has done a lot to bring his Web skills to make it an attractive visual spectacle as well.. This was the first week I have helped Doug to select the picks, and for me it is not about showing the most wonderful images in the world but aslo to help and encourage as well as to highlight work that may have been missed or deserving of more comments.. It was never intended to stroke anybodies ego or for a place for the hard working staff memebers to show any form of favouritism, or a contest of any description.. Some other photographic galleries do have along with a Staff choice a members choice where what may be considered the best of the best can be shown in another Thread.. The Hot20 for many has never been very good at that and this is widely agreed throughout the whole of Rosity If you want to make a contribution do so in the forum, and IMHO to imply that any image is unworthy of a staff pick is insensitive to the people who are trying their best.. Nothing is perfect so lets please just try and have fun without having to lower any particular standard.. In my own view people dont always get time to comment or view everything and if you do have time an honest view or image that stands out for any reason is worth spending time to do.. It helps everybody to progress or improve regardless we have a wide range of skills on show here from Professionals to beginners..

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt