Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I'm new to Poser 6 and I could use some help...

MartaVasques opened this issue on Apr 03, 2006 ยท 49 posts

SamTherapy posted Mon, 03 April 2006 at 5:38 AM

Welcome to a potentially bank balance eating addiction. :) The simple way to apply skin to your models is to go to the Pose library and look in there for something called a MAT pose - usually named after the character you're working with - and click on the appropriate icon. This will load the skin onto the model. Keep in mind that skin textures are not compatible across the whole range of models, so a Jessi texture will not work on Victoria 3 and a Victoria 3 skin will not work on Victoria 2. There are some models with cross compatible textures - mainly the "Unimesh" models from DAZ but that is more or less it. Oh, Judy - the P5 woman - is more or less compatible with Victoria 2, except for the eyes. Also, a lot of free characters do not include textures. Check the readme or look in the zip file itself. If you have downloaded stuff from here or most US/UK sites, the stuff you install should - note, "should" drop into the correct places, if you select "use paths" from your unzip utility. If not, Dr Geep (named geep on this forum) has a tutorial showing what goes where. A render is the finished image. After you have loaded and posed, composed and added all your scene elements, played around with the lights and so forth, hit the Render button to produce a final image. There are numerous settings in Poser 6 to change the quality, style and size of the render, all of which have some impact on the time taken to produce it. Any more questions, please ask and don't be shy. We all had to start somewhere.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery