Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I'm new to Poser 6 and I could use some help...

MartaVasques opened this issue on Apr 03, 2006 ยท 49 posts

SaintFox posted Mon, 03 April 2006 at 8:57 PM

I've searched a lot for the tutorial at grottoazura.com that once helped me out on the "what to put where"-trouble but it seams that the site is down. But if you have a closer look at the most zipfiles containing poser-content you will see paths like runtimeposeXY-poses in it. If those paths exist in the zip you can tell WinZip to do the hard work for you by checking the "Use folder names"-option and than pointing it to your P6-installation before clicking "Extract". Voil everything fall into the right place. Now take some time to explore the runtime. You'll see a lot of different file-endings like *.fc2, *.cr2 and such plus *.png and *.rsr of the same name. *.png is the little thumbnail you see in the library, .rsr is for P4/Propack to generate thumbnails. Once you are able to remember the file-types and their runtime-sections you can drop content that doesn't come with handy paths to the right directories yourself. The important thing is: Leave textures and Geometries (.obj) where they are, otherwise poser will not find them when loading a figure, prop or texture. Most other files can be moved around in the correct runtime/libraries-folder. So you can manage your growing content by putting all clothes for M3, V3 and so on in "collection-folders" (called "V3 clothes" or such) if you like. But this may lead us too far for the moment, right?! ;o)

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls