Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Your worst "poser addiction" story

SkyeWolf opened this issue on Apr 06, 2006 ยท 33 posts

EnglishBob posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 4:20 AM

The stages of "stuff" addiction, as currently known by me: 1: You need a clay pigeon launching machine for the picture you're doing for the cover of the parish magazine. You search the web and find there's this place called "freestuff" where you can legitimately download things without charge. You download a fully rigged posable clay pigeon launching machine with six different MAT poses, install it, and use it in your render. 2: You go back to freestuff the next day, just to look around, and end up downloading all the cool freestuff you can find and installing it. You eventually use most of it. 3: There isn't much new in freestuff today. You see something cool in the marketplace, buy it, install it, and think of a subject for an image so you can use it. 4: You download all the freestuff you can find, whether it's cool or not. You install most of it. Your runtime is a mess. 5: You get a notification that one of your favourite merchants has released something new. You buy it despite having no immediate use for it, and install it. 6: You download all the freestuff you can find, whether it's cool or not, and leave most of it uninstalled. There just isn't time - "where can I download a thirty hour day?" you whine on the forums. The regulars reply with :rolleyes: emoticons. 7: You get a discount coupon and/or there's a sale on at one of the stores. You buy lots of cool stuff so that your purchase total will be above the threshold. Since you don't need most of it straight away, it goes in a special "to be installed" folder. 8: You vow only to download freestuff if it's cool. You download some cool freestuff, then discover that you already downloaded it a year ago and never installed it. 9: You see something cool in a gallery render, and go and buy a copy although you know you'll never get around to using it. When you download it and save it to your "to be installed" folder, your OS warns you that the file exists already. Me? Getting close to stage 9, now... :scared: