Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser or?

rworrilow opened this issue on Apr 07, 2006 ยท 17 posts

jonthecelt posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 8:26 AM

Long answer... It depends on what it is you want to do. If you want to create images based around human(oid) figures, and use them in various poses, or animations, and don't mind using other people's work as a basis for creating your own art... then Poser is fine. If, on the other hand, you want complete control over your creation, having made every facet of every model yourself, rigging it for posing, creating your own texture/materials, etc., then it has to be Lightwave. Poser isn't a native modeler, and requires external models - whether made by yourself in other software, or bought from vendors here or at other marketplaces. Now, if you're inquiring after the rendering capabilities of the two programs, then I can't help. I do ok with the Poser Firefly engine, but there are folks who still swear by the old Poser 4 one and do very well with it. I don't know, and haven't seen, enough work that has been put out using Lightwave as a renderer to be able to offer a comparative judgement, though. hope this helps... jonthecelt