Forum: Photoshop

Subject: Brightness/Contrast in Photoshop7

rockets opened this issue on Apr 09, 2006 ยท 18 posts

nattarious posted Sun, 09 April 2006 at 3:41 PM

Hello Tockets.. That is a big problem with many others tho.. And it is related to your ICC file.. All you want is to calibrate your monitor tho.. Calibration tools of monitor, printer, and or VGA/PCIe cards calibrations mean to match up your colours with your visual natural eye and or the real or almost real ones.. There are many tools on the market and online to do that calibration.. but here is an adivce.. They won't work better then the attached tool with adobe photoshop that many or even thousands of others don't know about it or what it does.. in fact I calibrated Kimarie's monitor yesterday.. and she became so happy.. Now please follow these easy steps.. 1- Goto > START > SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL 2- From CONTROL PANEL you will find an icon refered to a program installed with any adobe version called ADOVE GAMMA 3- Double Click on that program (LITTLE TOOL and or ICON) it should be blue TV or MONITOR ICON 4- Either it will shot you your monitor name on the fist window or your used profile (COLOURS PROFILE)! 5- Choose step by step wizard And follow the instructions.. the settings will varies from monitor and vedio cards to another.. which won't make any difference 6- After the Phosphors settings whcih most of the monitors will show it as: HDTV (CCIR 790) click next 7- Make sure that the single gamma box is checked on the top and the gamma settings are 2.20 for windows.. 8- Follow the instructions on that page and read it very well tho.. that is one of the most important two things in this calibration.. 9- Now hit NEXT.. and here is the trick.. click measure.. and it will popup black screen with THREE Boxes on them.. ignore the middle one.. and lets concentrate on the right and lef.. clik and the right twice and see what it does to your colours.. it should turn it into brownish baigeish colours.. and if you will click on the very left one.. 3 to four times it should turn them into blueish colours right! ** Now i want you to adjust the those two boxes till you can see the most natural grey colours your are eyes can see on the very left one.. Keep trying and take your time till you reach that point and say! oh! that looks grey to me.. 10- Hit now the middle box once to return to the wizard and hit next. Keep going next till you reach the page saying after and before.. click before and compare the after settings.. and you will see the difference :) Now next and save your profile name to anything you want.. lets say: rockets and you are done..!!! Now here is another trick.. Open your photoshop no matter what version *Click on the edit menu and goto colour settings (OR SHIFT+CTRL+K) to get you into the same colours settings menu.. *From the work Spaces menu: Set the RGB colour representation to: (MONITOR RGB-ADOBE MONITOR PROFILE) Click ok and close your adobe program and then restart.. see now how it works.. All i can promise you if you will follow these instructions carefully and be accurate! you will be able to see every thing in any of your work or even tho others work that you won't be able to see them before that.. and the others if their monitor's ain't clibrated they won't be able to see their mistaked but will :) Smile now i hope i did help you enough with that info.. And wanna know what you ended up with.. Thanks and regards

NATTARIOUS[C] IS A WELL KNOWN INTERNATIONAL CLUB DJ - PHOTOGRAPHER - GRAPHIC AND COMMERCIAL DESIGNER AND THE OWNER OF XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS & CERTIFIED LEGAL GOLD MICROSOFT PARTNER!

XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS® OFFICIAL WEBSITE: WWW.XOOM-ARTS.COM

XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS® Ultimate Web Templates Just Click It