Forum: Fractals

Subject: Welcome to the Fractal Forum

tresamie opened this issue on Apr 04, 2006 ยท 10 posts

aartika posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 5:22 PM

I guess change is always a little unsettling. Certainly the forum seems to be a bit faster than before, but, some minor irritations .. (steps up into Grumpy Old Woman mode expressing her true feelings, albeit in a somewhat trivial nature ...) Personally I hate that bland mushroom background colour - in the galleries and old forum I have a nice black background - indeed have the choice to have whichever colour scheme I choose, which I like, a lot - but here it must be sea green and mushroom, which I don't like at all - at least I would like the option to change it, if that were at all possible? Also - the smilies - they are TOO BIG, TOO MANY and they MOVE ABOUT TOO MUCH.. I wouldn't go so far as to get rid of them, but just keep them to a handful of small, stationary but expressive ones would be just hunky dory .. and the avatars - they are TOO BIG as well and they also MOVE TOO MUCH .. Also the search thing is far too complicated - indeed it took me about five minutes to actually fnd the search thing, and I would like the search by user post reinstated as that was a really useful function. The fact that a handful of members chose to abuse that function to harrass other members indicates a problem with the personality of that handful, and not an inherent problem in the structure of the forum. sorry - that's probably enough being grumpy for now ;-)

aartika! fractal art by Tina Oloyede :  http://www.aartika.co.uk