Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: If you haven't already checked Freestuff today, I strongly suggest you do.

SamTherapy opened this issue on Apr 12, 2006 ยท 23 posts

pleonastic posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 10:45 PM

i don't understand the griping, really, beyond knowing the feeling of something having gotten away from me, heh -- i think most of us have felt that. however, non-virtual things go on sale all the time, and those who bought the items the week before are out of luck, as are those who buy them afterwards. if you stopped buying from everyone who does promo giveaways, you'd in no time flat be reduced to not buying from anyone out there. :) i've been buying computer equipment and software for 20+ years, and they lose value faster than you can say "depreciation".

and i don't believe it's bad for business -- since when? promos and sales are common techniques to bring in more business. i am more likely to buy from merchants who also put out great freebies. even if i bought the item yesterday at full price. some merchants i've only found through giveaways and sales. in my trade, i think it's cool that some software providers eventually give away their older products, or better yet, open-source them, even if i paid for the product. and i like to award people who participate in the gift culture, so the gifts keep on giving.