Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Child Nudity: How OLD is Aiko 3? (Controversial)

DaQuestioner opened this issue on Apr 14, 2006 ยท 61 posts

pleonastic posted Sat, 15 April 2006 at 1:43 AM

this means that judging the age of Aiko 3 toon faces is somewhat subjective, and my judgement is not as universal as I had previously thought. heh. very few things are universal, and i doubt you'll find any that aren't biological. certainly art isn't. and there won't be any objective standards about people's appearance because that is also culturally influenced. i bet that if we both looked at the same people walking past we'd also pick different ones as minors occasionally; i know i have been wrong about it in either direction. i don't know that i can summarize what makes me perceive somebody as underage; it's an interesting question. it's a mixture of proportions, expression, movement, voice (the latter two of which aren't present here), and i have preconceptions, of course (such as not expecting certain hairstyles to be worn by young teens). a major reason for why i view anime characters as childlike are the huge eyes all by themselves, and something else has to strongly compensate for that to shift the character into the adult category. i tend to perceive aiko without too much morphing as a minor, but the girl almost always as an adult. the proportions of the girl are toon-adultish to me, very clearly so. it's actually hard to make the girl appear like a young teen. look at the two base figures next to each other, and you might be able to see what i see -- aiko has huge eyes, the girl doesn't. aiko has a tiny mouth, the girl has a large one. aiko has relatively narrow lips; the girl has voluptuous ones. now i am really curious to nail it down a bit more clearly. i'm gonna dust off my aiko and do some morphing to see whether i can come up with something useful. anyway, if i were you i wouldn't worry about it too much. write some extra text under an image to mark the character as adult, and if an image gets pulled just say "sorry, that wasn't meant to be a minor" and move on. people will never 100% agree on this, and mods make judgment calls just like anyone else. also, they have to protect the site from legal trouble so their judgment is probably a bit more narrow than yours.