Forum: The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Subject: What do YOU want in character packages

rebelmommy opened this issue on Apr 15, 2006 · 41 posts

svdl posted Sat, 15 April 2006 at 9:33 PM

What do I want in a package? Decent P5/P6 material support, using displacement mapping and good shader node setups.

Second skins? Pretty useless, unless equipped with good displacement maps. And those second skins should not be painted onto the base skin texture; they should be added using color math/blender nodes, which increases their versatility. They could be applied to a second character with the same morph sets + spandex, as a transmap, and then you would have beaten the almost inevitable "painted on" look of second skins.

Second skin type of clothing: underwear is OK, stockings are fine. but jeans and tops do not look natural as second skins.Unless used with transmaps on a second figure.

Makeup? A few options are enough. I prefer a natural look to the character.

Eyes? A few are enough, and those eye colors should match the skin tone.

Props? Some jewelry for female characters never hurts. Daggers, swords and guns are OK, if scabbards/holsters are included. Think of poor Vicki running arould all day and night in that temple  with a big sword and not much else - her arms must be incredibly tired by now!

Maybe an idea for morphed characters: provide a clothing MOR pose that will set the correct morph settings in conforming clothes that have the appropriate morphs.

And a good set of poses never hurts

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff