Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Gallery that is not Poser

Sann opened this issue on Apr 18, 2006 ยท 51 posts

momodot posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 5:24 PM

In the "pure" Poser gallery, could we use renders where the textures are photo-based or could we only procedural textures? Would sets, props, and clothing be permissible even if they were not assembled in Poser from Poser primitives? Then there is the issue of the figures, are we bound to the Poser figures or are the DAZ figures permited as well?

I really have trouble distinguishing the conceptual difference between pre-work done on the texture, and post-work done on the renders... I could take a photo of Princess Di and map it to a one sided square... it would give my a great hyper-real portrait render I imagine :)

All joking aside...

Actually, I think a no post-work gallery would be cool, but I would ban any renders that are not done in the Poser application.

On the other hand I would dig a Retro gallery for only Poser 4renders of only / Poser 4 content given my fetish for Posette and the Dork... but that will never happen :)

No, no, I'm being serious now...

I think a no post-work "tech" gallerie would be cool.

... but I do wonder how photo textures fit into the no-post work theory, no one has ever answered that for me, and I have certainly never answered it for myself :(

Spank that horse, spank it good!