Forum: Carrara

Subject: Eovia To Make Announcement On April 25

bstockwell opened this issue on Apr 22, 2006 ยท 102 posts

Miss Nancy posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 7:28 PM

daz got some of the cash from platinum users, who have shown themselves to be willing to buy anything at any time, even if they never use it in a render. they got some cash from buyers of the millenium group of models, whose users have shown themselves to be willing to buy hundreds of textures, hundreds of clothing items and hundreds of injection morphs, even if they never use them in renders, and even if they already own a lo-res or a hi-res copy of the same texture. to me it implies daz are positioning themselves to move ahead of e-frontier. they have the new bryce/hexagon combo, and e-frontier has shade. they have daz studio, and e-frontier has poser. but daz is in a better position, as they have a customer base who have shown themselves willing to buy any new sale-price add-on to daz studio, even if they never use it. this is something that e-frontier doesn't yet have - a gimmick to trick people into buying stuff they'll never use, that they'll never need. they have plenty of customers who don't understand most of the features of their software, but e-frontier haven't yet grasped the marketing genius of charging people extra, at special one-time-only sales, for the useless bells and whistles they'll never use or comprehend. y'all might be surprised to learn this, but troll the poser forum sometime. you'll often find people admitting (or bragging) that they spend hundreds of dollars per month on poser extras, thousands of dollars per year. I daresay e-frontier should be interested in tapping into this gold mine.