Forum: Carrara

Subject: Eovia To Make Announcement On April 25

bstockwell opened this issue on Apr 22, 2006 ยท 102 posts

jval posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 9:47 PM

Personally, I like DAZ. Like every other company they have made their share of minor mistakes but they always seem to correct their errors with grace and style. As they had the resources to acquire Eovia they are clearly doing something right. Eovia and DAZ have always given me excellent service and I have no reason to believe this will change.

It is true that many Platinum Club members have made little use of DAZ products they have purchased, primarily due to a gimmick- a reasonably decent product for next to nothing. Sounds like a pretty good gimmick to me even if I'm not a Platinum Club member. Certainly, I lack the arrogance to judge how people should spend their money.

Likewise, the modeling forums are full of people who constantly leap from one piece of software to another (by their own admission) and never learn to really model anything well. Does this somehow make the modeling programs in question less capable? Regardless, I fail to see how such buying patterns are relevant to the quality of a firm's product or service.

DAZ's combination of aggressive marketing and competitive pricing is more likely to further Carrara & Hexagon than hinder them. Historically, DAZ has certainly demonstrated a higher regard for their customers than CuriousLabs or Corel have. Call me a fanboy but I have no fears for the future.