Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ BUYS EOVIA..it is now OFFICIAL

Dave-So opened this issue on Apr 24, 2006 ยท 244 posts

pleonastic posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 11:48 PM

i guess there is some history here of which i am not aware, but i also guess that a bunch of people are just emitting hot air. i just went through autodesk's acquisition of alias, and man, that was superheated as well, with loads of speculation about all the horrible things that would happen, most of which was completely nonsensical. frankly, my impression of DAZ is a lot better than my impression of autodesk. i remember bryce languishing terribly after metacreations dumped it, so they've done a good thing there by continuing to develop it. and it makes no sense whatsoever to pull the rug out from under poser users. but indeed, time will tell, so how about letting some time pass before jumping down their throats without lube? thank you dan, for replying calmly in a hostile climate. i am glad to hear hexagon will continue as planned; i am mainly a maya user, but have been seriously impressed by hexagon 1.2, think it is the most exciting entrant into the 3D modelling market in quite some time, and have been recommending it to people. i can see why this is a thrilling announcement for DAZ, and the acquisition makes perfect sense. best wishes for combining the two companies. (and before some wild-eyed panic-stricken doomsayer accuses me of being a fanboi; i have no association whatsoever with DAZ beyond just a regular account; i'm not even a PC member.)