Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ BUYS EOVIA..it is now OFFICIAL

Dave-So opened this issue on Apr 24, 2006 · 244 posts

Morgano posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 5:21 PM

jjsemp said, "Carrara has the native ability to import Poser content (without Poser), it's a very good program,  and it doesn't have any of Poser's quirks and bugs."

As far as I am concerned, the biggest problem with Poser is its abysmal handling of memory.   The biggest problem with Carrara is its even more abysmal handling of memory  (although the useless terrain editor does provide competition).    Carrara 5 is an even worse memory-hog than Poser, by quite a margin.

As for Hexagon - well, I'm obviously not made for modelling.   Is there anyone  (this'll be in  the UK and possibly the Republic) who remembers the comedy sketch by Marty Feldman, where he is the tour-guide on a coach-trip to the seaside * ?   The Hexagon tutorial reminds me of that:  side-splittingly funny, but completely unhelpful.

( * Feldman points things out to the left and to the right at  a spine-jarring speed.   The  passengers look left and right faster and faster, until he says, "And here we are at the seaside!")

In the Hexagon version, a space animal is created in rather less than a nanosecond.