Forum: Carrara

Subject: Eovia To Make Announcement On April 25

bstockwell opened this issue on Apr 22, 2006 · 102 posts

brycetech posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 8:20 PM

Hmmm

Guess it's daz taking over the world instead of eovia?  heh...I KNEW I shouldn't have went to
California for siggraph with them and shared my idea about that with Dan.  lol

For those who are not familiar with carrara:

I use carrara.  I can use carrara equally as well as I can use Bryce...and that being said, there are times when I can do things in C that I can not do as easily (or at all) in Bryce.  I highly recommend both programs, but have for a long time recommended Carrara as the best/biggest bang for the buck for anyone wanting to get into 3d and get the most for their dollars.  Ive posted images in the Carrara forum here, from games and from a DVD that Im working on if you'd like see what can be done in this program...

To AS, if you are not familiar with this program...I would say directly to you that you would not regret the purchase.  At times, things arent as clear as they should be..but the manual is pretty well written and it follows pretty much all of the metacreations rules about interfaces.  You'd pick it up in no time...however, it is NOT bryce and does not compare to bryce image quality.  I have not ever seen an image made in carrara (by me on anyone else) that has Bryce's richness in render.  But...you are very familiar with the 'all bryce renders look alike' comments Im sure, and thats because of that richness of color.  C does not have this...its something to do with the light ambiance..but Ive never been able to get around that "hazed" look.  Anyhow, even with that...it kicks arse!  Look back a few weeks, months (even years) at some of the posts here by me (and other) to see some of the advanced scenes you can make that would killllllllll bryce.  I guess you could just search for 'brycetech'.

I'm pleased at Daz acquisition, but a bit surprised as I didnt expect it....still very pleased tho.  DAZ has the rep for quality and I feel C is in good hands.

/me goes off mumbling about never telling anyone else about plans to take over the world.

BT