Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ BUYS EOVIA..it is now OFFICIAL

Dave-So opened this issue on Apr 24, 2006 · 244 posts

Kolschey posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 8:50 PM

Quote -holy poop, with the amount of posts about daz and Evoia, it makes me wonder if any of you are doing art or just sitting around b.s.'ing about doing art and how its changing (I know thats what im doing)

Let's see...

Have a look at the Poser Pros Gallery under "Kolschey".

Recently, I finished a good half dozen original sculptures. I spent today building a medical bay for my figures that is the better part of three feet wide, and presently weighs better than 25 pounds...Unfinished. I am also building a garage where my characters repair their vehicles. I am presently working on three illustrations.

I've been helping local folks with education for disadvantaged youth, and preparing for a summer’s worth of juried shows. (Darn, I still have a lot of finishing to do.)

For that matter, I have work in several galleries here in RI.

That said, I don't think that my concerns are irrelevant. I use Carrara as a primary tool for setting up illustrations. I've been using it since Ray Dream 5.0.

Again, I hope that DAZ has the foresight to recognize it as a tool of true potential, rather than simply turning it into a carnival shill for Victoria 4.

I want tools to help me do my work. Presently, Carrara 5.1 is just what I need. I would like to hope that I am not looking down a long trail of disappointment, where I see universal features sacrificed to ease-of-use for new toys and figures that will quickly languish in endless runtimes.

If DAZ understands that UNIVERSAL tools- modeling, physics, metaballs, fluid, particle and cloth dynamics are more than a simple way of draping a wet sheet over a nude female figure, then I will reckon that they understand the true potential of what they have just bought.

Otherwise, I see innovation being strictly controlled and decided by the need and investment of the larger community to enjoy wet T-shirt contests with $80 Victoria 4 models.

Sorry folks. That’s not what calls to my wallet. I’m happily married, and I want to make some art.

.... Preferably, with figures and props that I create myself.

I hope this makes things a bit clearer.