Forum: Carrara

Subject: So much for being an early adopter of hex 2

scotttucker3d opened this issue on Apr 27, 2006 ยท 61 posts

nomuse posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 12:08 AM

Not "upset" with the PC thing. I figure I'll do pretty well....I've been needing to update all my figures to keep up with the Poser Content market. It will cost me, of course, but it makes sense as a business expense. On the other hand, I am a bit insulted. I have to keep reminding me PC membership and vouchers isn't meant to imply anything. It's just the easy gift for DAZ, plus it's a sure-fire promo to get more people in their store. It is plausible, even, that this is DAZ reaching out to the traditional modelers I imagine must be in the Hexagon user base, and introducing them to the wild world of Poser. That still doesn't keep me from feeling a bit like I got a pat on the head .... "It's so cute you think you can model. Here -- have some pre-made Poser content to play with." I know it's not logical, but that's the way I feel. I'd be surprised if I was alone in that sentiment. And that just goes to show that the new company has either misjudged or (more likely) doesn't give a hoot about the old user base. They've got their eye on the Poser hoards and the possibility of siphoning off some of what is coming though DAZ already, and I can't fault their marketing instincts there.