Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue and its problems

Andrewe_66 opened this issue on Apr 22, 2006 · 67 posts

jc posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 5:49 PM

1. Three times, i have reported problems in Vue 5i to e-on support (opened a regular ticket) and 3 times those problems were fixed in the next update and i got a response within 8 hours. So they do deal with problems, in my experience.

2. I believe Vue does have too many problems (for too many people). A lot of people have problems with Vue and not with other programs. I have a couple half-baked theories about that, but nothing very solid.

3. On my systems, i run Vue 5i all day with 1 or 2 Poser high rez figures, some ecosystems, fancy lighting, etc. and never a crash. It's been at least a year since my last Vue 5i crash. I know this is not the case for many people and i know this is typical for many others. I've never tried animation or really huge scenes.

4. I'm a PC consultant (and web developer/marketer) on Windows XP Professional and i build solid PCs and keep them in tip-top shape. But that doesn't mean Vue should fail for those that don't do so (if that has anytjing to do with it).

5. Windows XP "free memory" is an urban myth. There is no such beast. So, you can't use the 'Performance' tab of the Windows XP Task Manager to look for memory leaks (but, if you are using a special program designed to monitor WindXP memory usage, that's different). The job of the Windows XP memory manager is to use all available memory all the time and to make sure there is no free (unused) memory. Free memory would be a waste of resources. If your apps don't need some memory, Windows uses it to store the most recent pieces of programs or the most recent data you used, so you can fetch it faster if you happen to need it again. Here is a good resource on WinXP memory (with a good discussion of setting up your Virtual Memory).

Win XP Memory Info