Forum: Photography

Subject: Monthly Challenge Picks...for MAY

DJB opened this issue on Apr 30, 2006 · 28 posts

Simon_P posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 12:23 PM

Quote - Actually Simon, you did, and you didn't. You said that you vaguely remembered what the end arrangemntt was. It was Cynlee who spotted that i'd boobed with the size of the thumbnail - but everything was initially submitted with several hours to go.

As I've said all along, all i wanted to know was what I'd done wrong so that I didn't waste my time on another occasion. I'm now firmly of the oppinion that I made two errors; a) trying to join in in the first place and b) asking anyone anything.

Bye

Well I'm sorry if I wasn’t precise, the question was, when was the cut off time, and I feel that I answered that. It wasn’t vague.

To say that asking anyone anything is a bit of a sweeping statement, I and many others help as much as we can, we are only ordinary members like yourself, were not perfect and don’t get everything right.

I confess I didn’t notice the thumb size, in the past I have made a thumb the correct size for people that have got it wrong or forgotten.

As well as offering advice on here I do so on two other sites as well as working on my own site, so I am spread pretty thin, if I miss something it is just an oversight. I’m not perfect and don’t pretend to be.

If you choose not to participate because of all this, that is of course your choice, I just think it would be a shame.

I would urge you to put this down to net experience and continue to post here and in the galleries, the one failing of the internet is that text based communication lacks the fundamentals of real time conversation and sometimes things get all messed up.

Regards

Simon

They wouldn’t have made the cane if you weren’t meant to break the rules