Forum: Photography

Subject: CF card issues & Nikon Batteries

DJB opened this issue on May 04, 2006 · 6 posts

nattarious posted Fri, 05 May 2006 at 12:08 AM

WOW! that is new info tho..

Oh well.. I heared alot about LEXAR MicroDrives "MEMORY CARDS" people are saying they are the fastest..

But for some reason.. I just don't like it..  And if you noticed Doug.. That the LEXAR max capacity in the Market is only 2GBs!!

I shoot most of my shots in RAW format.. and always on the Highest quality on any of my listed equipments on my page tho..

But guess what! I am using 2x6GBs HITACHI MICRO DRIVES for each camera!! I have 4 Cameras and each has 12GBs of memory cards..

Every one is saying that more capacity lower speed!! But i am shooting full frames continuos shots on any of them.. and it takes 2-3 secs to save them with the highest quality.. and i never lost a single shot.. Unless it was blurry or noisy and that is becasue of me ofcourse and the settings..

So i guess HITACHI are fine tho.. and SanDisk.. is much better then both ofcouse.. But i guess it is the same problem with LEXAR.. Low space "CAPACITY" and i don't think that it can fit my canons!

I really don't even a thing about NIKON and how they work! But all the reviews said that EOS 5D way too much higher quality then the D200! it could be right and it could be wrong.. But i've seen both results and it really seems the Canon's sensors and the processoring methods has much higher technologies.. and that is why they are all expensive :)

And the Nikon Rep. and what he told you about how to check your card.. in fact he is totally right! i always do that from time to another.. and thanks god that it shows all the time 100%..

But here is an advice.. To let you Cards lives longer!! Don't format them too much.. It is like the HDD or FDD "RAM" Read and Write Memory and or media! Just cut and paste or copy to where ever you want and then right click normal delete the folder :)

Wish to see more shots now.. with your new equipments :)

Regards

JOE

NATTARIOUS[C] IS A WELL KNOWN INTERNATIONAL CLUB DJ - PHOTOGRAPHER - GRAPHIC AND COMMERCIAL DESIGNER AND THE OWNER OF XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS & CERTIFIED LEGAL GOLD MICROSOFT PARTNER!

XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS® OFFICIAL WEBSITE: WWW.XOOM-ARTS.COM

XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS® Ultimate Web Templates Just Click It