Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Can it with the viruses.

XFX3d opened this issue on May 05, 2006 · 115 posts

duskrider posted Fri, 05 May 2006 at 6:43 AM

Listen, I'm not trying to lay blame on Daz or anyone else.  Here's the thing, I'm a member of several online forums, and this is the only forum I check that has any virus warnings for this polip.a virus.  I work in IT (not trying to pat myself on the back, just saying), and nobody I work with has ever heard of this thing.  It's not widely distributed, which is shocking considering how easily it spreads.  I'm usually very vigilant about my virus protection, and was very surprized when I got this one.  I stay away from file share and p2p networks as a rule, so I know everything I download is clean.  I don't open unknown attachments... etc etc etc blah blah blah.  You know the drill.

Now the very thing you're complaining about, the fact that this forum is so rife with polip.a warnings... isn't it strange that such a niche population has been stricken with this when it's not considered by the anti-virus developers to be widely distributed?  Look at the other forums HERE.  Are there any that have as many warnings as the POSER forum?  Very odd, at least to me, that there is such a dense amount of users here striken with polip.  There's more info IN THIS FORUM about polip.a then there is if you do a search for it on Google.  Strange.

I'm not trying to point fingers... but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... you know the rest.  It has nothing to do with the fact that it targets poser.  It doesn't.  It targets EVERY .exe file it can find.  Shouldn't there be users all over the internet, for every program, talking about it?  There isn't.  Only here have I seen such an uproar.  Only here.

Think about it.

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Duskrider.com