Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Continue to support Apollo

Tomsde opened this issue on May 04, 2006 · 89 posts

jjsemp posted Fri, 05 May 2006 at 8:26 PM

Brilliant, creative geniuses are usually temperamental. I think Anton's vast contributions to this community should have bought him lots of leeway when it comes to his behavior, which wasn't that bad at all, really.

So, we lose Appollo Maximus and we gain what in it's place?

Clark?

Am I missing something?

Isn't Clark sort of a waste of hard drive space?

Clark is less well-made than the P4 Dork or James, two underrated figures that are routinely dismissed as "useless" and "unpopular."

Clark is a cheap, crude, weird-looking figure with no textures or morphs.

And this is what people are getting excited about? Have we lost our collective minds?

I figure Anton will be back. Creative geniuses frequently throw "snits" and then calm down.

But let's not ever lose a real talent like Anton's in exchange for something so useless that it's borderline embarrassing.

If all this erupted over a really useful, well-made modification like Domus, maybe, I could understand. But for Clark?

Puh-leeze.

P.S. I think Anton's right. I think Clark is crudely "inspired" by Appollo Maximus. But I never would have gone public with such an accusation. Why bother? After the initial (and totally inexplicable) excitement over Clark dies down, the figure will suffer the same fate as Sarah, Alexa, The Girl and other peripheral figures that don't catch the public's fancy. Anybody remember ugly, old Dinah? Didn't think so. And she was a heck of a lot prettier than Clark.