Forum: Photography

Subject: The Debate

PeeWee05 opened this issue on May 05, 2006 · 70 posts

Simon_P posted Sat, 06 May 2006 at 5:13 AM

Quote - Good thread. I look at every thumbnail posting in the photo gallery every morning, yes every morning, all 6 to 9 pages. I open up the images that catch my eye, landscape, female, cat, flower, whatever. I comment on the ones I really like or whatever. So yes, I notice all the semi nude/nude ones have hundreds of views but not many comments. I often wonder why they look but never comment, I comment, but I look at as art and I think that is how it should be viewed.

I don't understand why simon and PL get grief over their shots of the female art form!!

The only ones I don't like are the staged shots of violance containing blood, knives, guns whatever but hey, they think it art so I just pass them by, respecting their own views.

I would love to do a shoot with a female for the body art form but; 1. Can't afford a model. 2. Don't know anyone who will do it for free. 3. Probally would make a right mess of it because I never done one before.

So my final pennies worth is, to all those plonkers out there that don't like it, don't look and respect the artists view.

Sorry, thats my steam let off, not often I do that.

Steve

I only got grief once because I the thumb was a girl and the main image was a landscape (just for a bit of fun) but some thought that I was being disrespectful to the art nude artists, but really it was a tongue in cheek thing to see how many views it got! Oh over a 1000 lol.

Anyway Steve, I can’t remember quite where you are located, there are a fair few models that will pose on a prints/CD of images in exchange for modeling time basis and travel expenses etc. Although very few will do art nude or figure on that basis, and most will only pose for prints etc with photographers that have experience in that style of photography.

If you are ever down this way I would be happy to try to set up a shoot that you could attend. In my experience the first shoot that anyone does with a nude model usually provokes a “Ok I’m scared now” response when confronted with a nude model, even though the model that do this sort of work don’t bat an eyelid, as they do it a lot its nothing unusual to them.

The first one I done I was a little apprehensive and it must have showed! The model spotted it and taunted me saying “oh your not scared of a wee girlie are you?” all in good fun of course! She only really does art nude and doesn’t like doing clothed shoots, there are a few like that which I still find odd, I have even had one model refuse to model clothed!!

Anyway back on topic this is an issue that doesn’t really bother me (it used to but I have got used to it) My opinion on this subject is simple female models = lots of views and fewer comments, landscapes = more comments and fewer views, anything cute and cuddly = many views and often many comments.

Also of course any excellent photography attracts many views and comments what ever the subject matter.

They wouldn’t have made the cane if you weren’t meant to break the rules