Forum: Photography

Subject: The Debate

PeeWee05 opened this issue on May 05, 2006 · 70 posts

DJB posted Mon, 08 May 2006 at 2:01 AM

Back to topic for a sec here...
Miranda....I did ask  the day you posted that image  why it was not acccepted.Unfortunately the majoity ruled.
There has been more revealing photos  posted in the past.
That  said... I do  believe we need to have a guideline set, to stop people from going over the edge.
If we allow a certain type, someone will always push it to the limit, and then it becomes a big hassle to try and discuss the image within the staff. This takes a lot of time.
Having a blanket statement about what is accepted is easier.

I imagine reading the statistics on which members are viewing images with nudity, we would find that most of them have no clue as to what is artistic about it.
They are having a peep show.
Thats my opinion anyway. Go have a look in the members photo album and see who is making all the  babe comments.
There are members here who post really good  artistic nudes , and some comments on them are not even related to the image.
They comment on  the model.So you will only get a handful of members who going to be genuine in the critique of the nudity images.
This is because they do a good job of thier own.

Admin looks at it as  "you cannot have something other than clothing or a chair touching the pubic area",  because there has been  too many sexual related objecst posted in this manner.

You have valid points Miranda. But for every one who thinks it should be alright, there is another who does not.I am not a statistic person, but do believe that the majority of women would not  post images of themselves this way.
Why...because that is how they have been taught.

Another point I agree with is that I dislike looking at the violence too.Has no point to me.
I have a nephew whoi whacked a schoolmate over the back with a chair, because he saw it on WWF.
He got suspended for a week.
This type of thing would not happen if it was not so accepted for viewing.

Now here is an idea...
I am sure this site would be really happy to have you post this image again if....
Lets say you sent M&M'S® marketing this image and asked them if it could be thier public advertisement for billboards and perhaps TV.
If they accept it, then there would hardly be a site  on the iternet that would'nt. LOL

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."