Forum: Photography

Subject: The Debate

PeeWee05 opened this issue on May 05, 2006 · 70 posts

Simon_P posted Mon, 08 May 2006 at 7:52 AM

Quote -  Now here is an idea...
I am sure this site would be really happy to have you post this image again if....
Lets say you sent M&M'S® marketing this image and asked them if it could be thier public advertisement for billboards and perhaps TV.
If they accept it, then there would hardly be a site  on the iternet that would'nt. LOL

Indeed Doug, however I have to say I have seen some pretty risqué billboard adverts that push the limits, so I would never rule anything out these days. There was one run in the UK some years back that would have never made it passed the RR TOS or child image guidelines for that matter.

Anyway back to the original question, from my POV, Peewee is right, should we expect comments if we don’t make them?

Expect comments when not commenting probably not. However good images will receive comments by some if they a, like them and b, interest them, regardless of if they get reciprocal comments.

For me I post and if I get comments all well and good, I don’t always comment depending on whether I have time or how slow it is all going at the time, when I have time on my hands (not very often) I make comments on images that I like/interest me regardless of the subject matter.

Art nude is something that interests me as well as many other styles, but tend to comment on them if IMO there is good technique and lighting used.

They wouldn’t have made the cane if you weren’t meant to break the rules