Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue2

Rita opened this issue on Apr 05, 2001 ยท 38 posts

tesign posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 8:23 PM

Hi Rita...I read in serveral posting that you can place the "mtl" file in the same folder when you copy the obj file to your Vue obj folder. This would let Vue load the texture information together when you import it into a Vue scene. The other thing you can do is that, after exporting from Poser as an obj file, make sure they are save as individual group and its good...this way, you can use "Picture mapping" instead of procedural to bring in the texture for the object. This is found in the "Material Editor" in the "color" tab diaglog window. To get here, just click with the right mouse button on the sphere (right hand top) in the world browser. Since its a obj and not a 3ds (which is not affected), the image (texture) that you load in have to be flipped. You can either flip it in a paint program first (if and after making changes to thebmp image) or just put a "-" to the "Picture Scale" "Y" value to read "-1.00" instead of "1.00". This is also in the Material Editor "Color" tab. This is all in Vue 3 or 3.1 (just that Vue 3.1 allows you to run in Win2K). I think Vue 2 may be different but I hope the basic is somewhat the same...may be more step needed. X-Vue 2 user...your help is needed :) Varian, Karl?...