Forum: Photography

Subject: The Debate

PeeWee05 opened this issue on May 05, 2006 · 70 posts

TomDart posted Tue, 09 May 2006 at 8:25 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1055569&Start=19&Artist=TomDart&ByArtist=Yes

There is a link to my "sexiest" image. From the views, I gather many expected more. There was and is not more, not that I would object if done artistically. (In this case, the model was shown as much as desired and the image is as it is.)  T and A for that sake and not much photography merit leave me cold...no cold shower needed since the shots can do that  without help.  Now, the good nudes, men or women are seen by me as a part of the artistic world as this should be.  There are some wonderful photographers of nudes and semi-nudes here who do magnificient work.  

One of those photographers was very kind and gave me some valuable lessons in studio photography.  His images are magnificent!  

Yes, the lurkers are there and everywhere on the net, appreciating what they want and not the rest. That is part of life. This is not a bad subject to bring up, PeeWee.  Yes, discussed before but we really cannot control the "hits" made by the lurkers.   Thanks for the thread.  I have addedd little to what is said already.  But, I know inside "me" when I see a fine shot and an untasteful and poor shot.

Lurkers don't care about the quality or the artistry. Fact of life.

I as most of us here, do care about the artistry and can see that in images which are perhaps less than perfectly exposed or edited...still the ideas of creativity and artistic intent will show.  I have a long way to go in gettng "perfect" images...an almost unrealistic goal.  So, when my heart speaks to me in an image, artistically, I do the best I can with it.  When I feel and image is done well, even if not one of great artistic merit but to be appreciated and enjoyed by others, I go with it.

Blessings and Peace.             TomDart.