Forum: The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Subject: What do YOU want in character packages

rebelmommy opened this issue on Apr 15, 2006 · 41 posts

kobaltkween posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 3:52 AM

poser 5/6 layered options.  please don't bog my computer down with an entire new texture for a butterfly tattoo or a different color of eyeliner.  any 2nd skin clothes, make-up options, tattoos, body hair options, etc. should be added to the base layer in poser, not photoshop for greater versatility and to take up less space.    i can do tons with these features as nodes.  i can do just about nada with them as whole new textures, and therefore never factor them into my choices.

transmapped eyebrows.  right now i have to limit my hair choices to whatever eyebrow color merchants decided to go with (see the above for the permutation problems eyebrow color would give in the traditional method).  i'm not really sure why this practice is eschewed, but i know i would appreciate it. 

real makeup.  just about every make-up option i've ever seen is really obviously painted.  it's unimportant for distance shots, but for portraits it kind of makes all those photoreal skin textures useless.

use of poser 6 shader nodes.  there are lots of real skin shader formulas out there.  it's not my highest priority (i can play in the material room myself), but a poser 6 optimized shader beats out a plain texture in my book.

custom morphs are an obvious bonus.  areas where daz figures and their morphs always frustrate me: hip (pelvic cradle is basically non-existant), eyes, nose, and breast (different shapes).