Fri, Sep 27, 8:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Image-based lighting

caranarq ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 8:20 AM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 8:23 AM

I'm having problems with image based lighting.
can someone help me?
The problem is that when I load a HDR probe, it is loaded at a very high exposure, causing also the scene to overexpose. Is there a way to reduce the exposure in the loaded map?
another question:
Is there a way to light a scene using HDR without having the HDR in the background?
Thanks in advance.

you're saying CG sunlight is actually based on a real thing????

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 11:14 AM

Wouldn't that be right below the HDRprobe you've just loaded, and i think, labeled exposure or contrast,or both?...also to the right I think you can reload the image as a seperate exposure control, don't have Vue up right now so I'm a bit sketchy on this as this old computer don't render all that fast so I've but looked at that page.

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

garyandcatherine ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 11:22 AM

I think bobbystahr is right, check your settings and you will find that you can adjust the exposure of your background

caranarq ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 10:52 PM · edited Fri, 12 May 2006 at 11:00 PM

hm .... maybe it is another feature V5 Espirit lacks of ........... I can't find the exposue controls

Thanks, anyway

BTW, there's yet another question remaining...

Is there  a way to light up a scene using HDR without having the HDR at th background, where sky should be?

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2006 at 12:21 AM · edited Sat, 13 May 2006 at 12:23 AM

file_341803.jpg

It would seem to me that you would go to the Atmosphere Editor, F4, click the Environment Tab, then Effects, and then, if Vue5 looks like this screen grab, everything you want should be in the left hand column under where you load the image map/HDRI.

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

caranarq ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2006 at 1:16 AM

Wow! there's a wind tag in V5I!!!!

V5E lacks of exposure & contrast controls for img based lighting, also both separate illumination & reflection map.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2006 at 9:12 AM

I'm only guessing here caranarq, that Vue5 don't have this page....oh well, maybe a 5'er can help y'out

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Cheers ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2006 at 1:12 PM

Can I just add that the Exposure control in V5I doesn't really control exposure; it only controls brightness, which is very different to "exposure" that it is labelled as.
I always re-adjust HDR Images in CS2 or HDR Shop.

Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sun, 14 May 2006 at 3:49 PM

Cheers....good thing to do actually...I realized as much[not exposure] but due to the fact I'm only playin with a demo on an el crappo slow machine I haven't really gone deeply into that editor.

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

jc ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2006 at 11:31 AM

Good point Cheers!

What can you tell us about 'HDR Shop'?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.