Forum: The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Subject: What do YOU want in character packages

rebelmommy opened this issue on Apr 15, 2006 ยท 41 posts

3DSublimeProtege posted Sun, 14 May 2006 at 2:22 AM Forum Moderator

Gosh.... where would I start... The one thing I would love to see is makeup that looks real - or natural. Everyday women dont go to the grocery store wearing enough eyeshadow and lipgloss to blind a person. When creating something that I want to look "run of the mill" I don't need 7 layers of black and purple makeup and freakish looking lip gloss (though I have to say... is pretty, just not what I would consider realistic in a normal setting) Don't get me wrong, I love fantasy makeup and those cool eye gems and tatoos (designing a character now using just that) however, sometimes a nice skin texture with some light brown eyeshadow and a tint of eyeliner, and about the same for lipstick/gloss would work just wonderful for me. Also, freackles and that "not so smooth skin" look. I love characters that have freckles, or different skin tones in places, this adds to the realistic look. Not everyone uses Oil of Olay... and certainly not MY V3 lol Nails? Absolutely I love pretty nails, especially for those shots where I am rendering her face close up with her hands in the scene... good nails bring out the picture for me. Eyes? Well, I guess for some this is a must, however when I first started using Poser Angel1 linked me to the Visions Eye Pack, and so for me - extra eyes in a pack are a waste because I hardly ever use them, I use the eyes from Visions nearly 95% of the time, or my own eye textures. However, I know that most people dont have extra, or dont know how to apply them if they are new to Poser - so this point is obsolete... just my personal preference I guess. Second skins? An absolute wonder and nerve saver for newbies that have a hard time getting their clothing to conform, or bend where they need it too. However, that being said... there are few packs that offer 2nd skin clothing that looks real to me. I have purchased a few, and was very picky before I clicked that "pay now" button. I have been playing around with a 2nd skin merchant resource that I bought and trying different things has taught me alot. SHADOWS are a must when creating second skin clothing....something that most people forget. Other wise it looks like they jumped off their house to get into their jeans :) For me, as a customer that probably owns stock in Renderosity by now... quality is always best over quantity. Another words, give me a skin texture, some good makeup and some really thought out morphs as apposed to 5 crappy texture maps, 17 makeup options that make her look like the gals on the corner - and 10 choices of nails that don't even match the skin tone, or the makeup. And morphs... create a look for V3 or whomever you are designing the packs for that took more than one turn of the dial. I am learning this as well... its hard to make a character morph that is unlike any that I have seen. However, being the compulsive frayed nerve that I am, I WILL do my absolute best to make her look unlike a V3 character that has already hit the runway. It is very hard to do, however that for me is what makes me want to buy a package. I want something different to work with. As far as characters go. I love all of my figures in Poser, and have used them all atleast once. I love V3 because she is versatile, I absolutely adore Michael and think that so much can be done with him. Aiko stole my heart long ago, and that baby... oh my goodness - I could create with it for hours and never get bored. The Preteen and Preschool girls have their own fan club with me and recently I have made the other models slide over and make room for Laroo and The Gilr, not too mention the The Freak !! Being a creator of items to sale is a love hate relationship, I have been working on the same package for V3 and Michael for about 4 months - I get irritated, and it goes back into it's hiding place here on the PC until I have a brain spasm and want to change or add something new to him or her. Turning out 10 items in 3 weeks as apposed to 1 item every few months is often what makes the difference between well spent money and a waste.

3DSublimeProductions (Tima) - Admin, Vendor, Marketplace Tester, & Vendor Education