Thu, Sep 26, 11:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 7:24 pm)

Subject: Poser 6 skeleton render

xlcorp ( ) posted Mon, 15 May 2006 at 2:35 PM · edited Thu, 26 September 2024 at 11:21 PM

file_342080.jpg

I got a problem rendering an image, as it can be seen on the attached file - the hand.

Any idea? (smooth polygons doesn't help)

Thanks in advance.

spedler ( ) posted Mon, 15 May 2006 at 4:48 PM

Basically, if that's the original skeleton supplied with P6, then I suspect that's as good as it gets. It's a simple model and the only idea I can come up with is to buy a better skeleton :sad:

Steve

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 15 May 2006 at 5:17 PM

even the p4 skeleton hand didn't look that bad IMVHO. I haven't checked, but I reckon you'll find the above hand doesn't even have poseable fingers.

xlcorp ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2006 at 4:05 AM

P5 renders the hand correctly. Then I tried to load the P5 skeleton in P6 - no luck, the hand is just like the one on the picture. So I guess it's bug in P6....

spedler ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2006 at 1:18 PM

Okay, I've looked into this a little more. Here's the render in P5:

and in P6:

What you have to do in P6 is turn on smooth polygons for the hand itself (not just in the render settings) and adjust the crease angle. The above render was with a crease angle of 100 degrees, rather than the default 80.

Steve

xlcorp ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2006 at 3:26 PM

Thanks a lot!

Latexluv ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2006 at 5:49 PM

file_342216.jpg

If you are willing to spend some money, you can get the M3 and V3 skeletons and textures from DAZ. The skeleton that comes with Poser is very low polygon and can make a good 'monster' in scenes if not rendered very close up. The DAZ skeletons of M3 and V3 are far more detailed and very good for close up nastiness. This is a wallpaper I made for the Motley Crue fan site.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.