Forum: Fractals

Subject: Fractals and spirituality.

peapodgrrl opened this issue on May 14, 2006 ยท 12 posts

MakinMagic posted Mon, 15 May 2006 at 5:49 PM

Hi all, I agree with what Rykk said about dry spells, for me it goes with both image creation and formula creation. I also find that when I've created a new formula or colouring some particularly good images usually follow, I'm guessing most folks are the same when they find a new way of using a formula or colouring or suss out a good way of using one they've not tried before. What surprises me is that how productive I am with fractal images or formulas seems totally unrelated to how busy I am in my "proper" programming work - I strictly keep "work" to weekdays from 9 to 6 but the amount of effort involved varies considerably :-) Sort of based on Rick's point, my rule is that I always keep the UPRs I've done even if I've given up on "finishing" the image at the time because I nearly always find that going back to such an image when I'm more "in the groove" produces a decent result, many of my best images (IMHO) over the last few months have been from works I shelved between one year and 4 years ago.

The Meaning and Purpose of Life is to give Life Purpose and Meaning. http://website.lineone.net/~dave_makin/