Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: Spammers win another battel, Blue Security shuts down

JHoagland opened this issue on May 17, 2006 · 24 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Thu, 18 May 2006 at 12:40 AM

Okay, but when do the lawsuits end from corporations and companies emailing their customers. Think Daz here - their newsletter, if it weren't for being legitimate, would appear as spam since they probably send thousands if not tens of thousands.  This is an inherent problem with the block 'all' spam ideology - because not all 'spam' is spam (although, yes, most of it is).

And there are few safeguards against DDOS attacks.  What would really be needed are intelligent tools to recognize them and automatically perform operations that would push the rampant data stream either as close to the originator as possible or to some specific-purpose packet muncher.  Redirection might be the only solution.

How to stop DDOS attacks

It's an old article (2001), but discusses the issues and solutions.  And I think that my idea is pretty close to the one discussed, but obviously not implemented by many internet hubs and servers around the world.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone