Forum: Photography

Subject: A BUGZ life..sticking to crystals.....lol

tofi opened this issue on May 17, 2006 · 8 posts

TomDart posted Thu, 18 May 2006 at 9:20 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=639975&Start=91&Artist=TomDart&ByArtist=Yes

Tofi, I will post a link to an image I took a while ago..with my old point and shoot with manual options Minolta DImage F100.  Sure, macros meant careful viewing in the lcd and that is not easy to get right. Depth of field was often off a bit more than I expected from the aperture setting but that is digital in such cameras.   The link is a shot taken with that old camera.   Sure, it is not great but works. (I keep even my "bad" ones in my gallery, thought they were great at the time! This is for me to use to grow more than for ratings of any sort.)

More than once I did the trick mentioned afore, get the closest focus you can then move the camera until it looks right.  Take a couple or threeee shots to make up for eyes that might not be on target with the view from the camera.

I have no doubt you can take the crystal pics. Sure, some will be big dopy things and delete will ring out to you.  Then, a good one will pop up and you will try to duplicate that once, then again and again on other subjects. It will be better.  I did see the flowers. I have no doubt you can do the crystals.        Blessings...Tom.