Forum: Vue

Subject: Can someone help with the X-stream and Maya process? Thanks!

cctman opened this issue on May 16, 2006 · 3 posts

metabog posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 11:08 AM

I intalled the trial version a few days ago and so far its been rough going. Vue advises on limitations of the trial but when trying to open a scene I've been having no luck. Just sit there watching the hourglass icon for 5 minutes then give up.

There's documentation in the documents folder of the installed Xtreme software and its helpful but what it says will happen has not happend yet for me.

Today I was able to open a new file using a vue sky and terrain. It did not display in the Maya window, I just got a grey frame with text telling me I had a vue sky and terrain. I was able to render that using the Maya renderer and got a nice render of flat terrain and blue sky and clouds.

I had hoped to open Vue scenes which would display in the Maya main window and then reach the point of importing other objects into the scene, doing some tweaking, etc.

So far the challenge has just been trying to get Xtreme to do anything the documentatin says it should do in Maya. If I purcase this software I will definitely contact e-on about the possibility of a money back guarantee if the full verison is this buggy.