Forum: Bryce

Subject: PEOPLE IN YUR SCENES...WITHOUT POSER INBREEDING???

Mugsey opened this issue on May 26, 2006 · 33 posts

pakled posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 10:03 AM

it's amazing how much you can cover up with distance and dramatic shadows..;)  The farther away a figure is, the less detail needed.

There's a sort of tecnique some in Poser use; you use the highest detail characters closest to the camera, and sort of 'devolve' (using older, less- complex characters) as you move away from that.

Another trick ( I use it with trees, but what the hey) is to vary the angles and duplicate a given figure. As long as there's not too many of a given character, you can retexture tops, bottoms, hair, etc., and get different 'people'

Finally, know that the more numbers of complex figures you put in a Bryce pic, the slower it will get. I think my record for Poser/Sixus/MayaDoll (also free, Studio Maya, if you want it), etc., was about 15 characters (but I only have 512m..;) Even with more memory, you'll reach a point where Bryce just won't go..;) Some folks get around this by creating layers in Photoshop (or the Gimp, if you're financially-challenged like me) of people and making your crowds that way

there's a million ways to fill a freeway..good luck.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)