Forum: Vue

Subject: Black and white rendering

SteveCat opened this issue on Jun 06, 2006 · 13 posts

diolma posted Thu, 08 June 2006 at 4:17 PM

"Well, what's funny here to me is that I own two large 42" wide Epson printers and I have been making up to $15,000 a month printing art and photography! (I started with a $125,000 IRIS 3047 in my home...)

...Too bad I don't know how to print toned B&W photography...heh!!!"

Veritas777: I never suggested nor (as far as I can see) anyone else suggested you didn't know how to print toned B&W photography... but...

The question was: (slightly rephrased) How to do B&W pics...(no tones)..

The originator didn't specify what type of PC he/she was working on, nor what type of equipment he/she was working with... Also, there was nothing said about "for print".  But regardless...

Questions:
Would your method work with a £75.00 Lexmark  (about the most I can afford) printer?
How do I increase the # of bits-per-pixel, (so that I can get finer gradation in grey-scale) when using Win2K?
Would the RGB images still look as good if printed when using the "B&W" option? (On the Lexmark, this is an option, it only uses the "Black Ink" cartridge, which, I admit, makes a bit of of fool of me when I referred to B&W only printers possibly not existing - I'd forgotten about that possibility at the time of posting.)

I don't have your sort of experience, nor your money. I wasn't suggesting (at least I hope I wasn't) that you don't know your stuff. I was commenting on PURE B&W images, given the limitations that I know the majority of us ((non-professionals) have.

Apologies if I caused offence, but I still stick with my comments...

Cheers,
Diolma